| || |
The trick to stay motivated for treadmill training varies from person to person, everyone has different goals and desires for exercising, maybe you want to fit in your favorite pair of jeans, get married, less stress, be energetic, or being healthy for your family, whatever the reason may be the main thing is to say motivated for your treadmill training.
Once you decide to get fit and become physically active, you have decided to make a real change in your life. Remember is not all about walking or running 5 or 10 miles everyday or losing weight, it’s about your health, your goal is to be healthy and fit.
Fitness is always both a journey and a destination. This will help you stay motivated by helping you enjoy each of your treadmill training while simultaneously keeping an eye on your goals.
Staying motivated means maintaining an honest awareness of your feelings while periodically checking your goals as constant reminders of why you are working out.
When you begin treadmill workout it is advisable that you make a list of both internal and external rewards that come from your workouts.
Internal rewards and goals come from feelings and measurable changes that come from inside such as feeling happier, energetic and seeing results of your workout such as your waistline is getting smaller.
Three Factors effecting motivation
Getting motivated to achieve something is the key to success, motivation is a mental process that links an emotion, feeling, desire, idea, or intellectual understanding or a recognized psychological, physiological or health need, to the taking of one or more actions. There are three main factors that affect our motivation to be physically active:-
- Personal factor is the main factor to be active how much it means to you to be physically active and have healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise program is the second major factor, enjoying yourself while exercising is very important. Exercising can be boring and painful, to beat exercise boredom or treadmill boredom entertain yourself by watching TV, listening music, doing variety of workouts, exercising with video exercises and etc.
I find that this Treadmill Trainer Program is a great motivational and keeps me working.
- Environmental is the third major factor, being comfortable where you exercise and family or friends support is very important. Studies show that people who are active have family who are physical active or friends; the importance of social support for environmental factor is enormous.
Treadmill Training Motivation Tips
Many people acknowledge how important exercise and physical activity are to the human body, however a few people exercise regularly, due to lack of motivation.
- Planning and wring down your goals: the basic of any fitness programs such as treadmill training are planning and setting goals. goal setting and formulating plan are the clearest ways of establishing a consistent workout program; they’re also powerful form of direction and motivation. Take some time to think about what will help you begin your treadmill training program and keep you motivated. Write down these ideas on fitness planning logbook, keeping records of your improvements will help you see how well you’re doing and can help you set new goals. If you achieved your current goals and feel like you have been doing the same thing for ages, set a new challenge and track your progress.
- Write down your progress: keeping track of your progress is the best motivation for your treadmill training. What to record in a workout logbook:-
- How far you walked or run
- The time you workout
- The time of the day you trained
- How you felt on scale 1 to 5
- Your average and peak heart rate
- Try something new: doing the same routine everyday can be boring and it may discourage you from staying motivated. Do treadmill interval training, hill workout and speed training, this will bring enjoyment to your workout and make you motivated.
- Do something you like: not everyone likes the same workout routing; people are different and tend to like different types of workout. Doing something you hate is number one motivation killer, choose the workout routine you most enjoy and try to have fun with it.
- Think all the benefits of exercise: view you treadmill training as a life changing journey, how much healthier and fitter will you be? Think about all the benefits you will gain such as increased energy, increased mental focus, increased self-esteem, increased sense of control over your life, reduced chances of heart attack, osteoporosis, breast cancer, increased strength and stamina, reduction of stress and etc.
- Find treadmill training buddy: working out with a friend who are similar fitness level and competitive will bring your training with a lot of fun, challenges, and moral support. As you encourage each other and enjoy the company. Studies have showed that people who train with friends or training buddies are more likely to stick with exercise program.
Exercising can be mentally and physically challenging, to stay motivated for you workout routine is sometimes impossible. Studies have shown that motivation is the number one reason why many people dropout gym and fitness classes.
Setting goals, doing routines you like, trying new workout routines, being aware of health benefits of exercising and training with buddy can increase motivation and in return help you stick with your treadmill training.
What is the Best Treadmill Workout Program?
Training by yourself on a treadmill can be hard and challenging to say the least especially if you are a beginner, and this is one of the reasons why many people get bored after a few weeks of using a treadmill.
Treadmill trainer is a great Mp3 / Ipod workout program that every treadmill user should have, it is like having your own personal trainer motivating, encouraging and helping you every step of the way.
Treadmill trainer workout program will not only motivate you but will also increase your chances of getting fitter than you've ever been and lose weight faster than you ever thought is possible on the treadmill.